Monday, May 31, 2010

Look at Today's Tehillim Yomi in light of current events!

Text courtesy of David HaMelech and Mechon Mamre

Psalms Chapter 35 תְּהִלִּים
א לְדָוִד: רִיבָה יְהוָה, אֶת-יְרִיבַי; לְחַם, אֶת-לֹחֲמָי. 1 A Psalm of David. Strive, O LORD, with them that strive with me; fight against them that fight against me.

ב הַחֲזֵק מָגֵן וְצִנָּה; וְקוּמָה, בְּעֶזְרָתִי. 2 Take hold of shield and buckler, and rise up to my help.

ג וְהָרֵק חֲנִית וּסְגֹר, לִקְרַאת רֹדְפָי; אֱמֹר לְנַפְשִׁי, יְשֻׁעָתֵךְ אָנִי. 3 Draw out also the spear, and the battle-axe, against them that pursue me; say unto my soul: 'I am thy salvation.'

ד יֵבֹשׁוּ וְיִכָּלְמוּ, מְבַקְשֵׁי נַפְשִׁי: יִסֹּגוּ אָחוֹר וְיַחְפְּרוּ--חֹשְׁבֵי, רָעָתִי. 4 Let them be ashamed and brought to confusion that seek after my soul; let them be turned back and be abashed that devise my hurt.

ה יִהְיוּ, כְּמֹץ לִפְנֵי-רוּחַ; וּמַלְאַךְ יְהוָה דּוֹחֶה. 5 Let them be as chaff before the wind, the angel of the LORD thrusting them.

ו יְהִי-דַרְכָּם, חֹשֶׁךְ וַחֲלַקְלַקֹּת; וּמַלְאַךְ יְהוָה, רֹדְפָם. 6 Let their way be dark and slippery, the angel of the LORD pursuing them.

ז כִּי-חִנָּם טָמְנוּ-לִי, שַׁחַת רִשְׁתָּם; חִנָּם, חָפְרוּ לְנַפְשִׁי. 7 For without cause have they hid for me the pit, even their net, without cause have they digged for my soul.

ח תְּבוֹאֵהוּ שׁוֹאָה, לֹא-יֵדָע:
וְרִשְׁתּוֹ אֲשֶׁר-טָמַן תִּלְכְּדוֹ; בְּשׁוֹאָה, יִפָּל-בָּהּ. 8 Let destruction come upon him unawares; {N}
and let his net that he hath hid catch himself; with destruction let him fall therein.

ט וְנַפְשִׁי, תָּגִיל בַּיהוָה; תָּשִׂישׂ, בִּישׁוּעָתוֹ. 9 And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD; it shall rejoice in His salvation.

י כָּל עַצְמוֹתַי, תֹּאמַרְנָה-- יְהוָה, מִי כָמוֹךָ:
מַצִּיל עָנִי, מֵחָזָק מִמֶּנּוּ; וְעָנִי וְאֶבְיוֹן, מִגֹּזְלוֹ. 10 All my bones shall say: 'LORD, who is like unto Thee, {N}
who deliverest the poor from him that is too strong for him, yea, the poor and the needy from him that spoileth him?'

יא יְקוּמוּן, עֵדֵי חָמָס: אֲשֶׁר לֹא-יָדַעְתִּי, יִשְׁאָלוּנִי. 11 Unrighteous witnesses rise up; they ask me of things that I know not.

יב יְשַׁלְּמוּנִי רָעָה, תַּחַת טוֹבָה: שְׁכוֹל לְנַפְשִׁי. 12 They repay me evil for good; bereavement is come to my soul.

יג וַאֲנִי, בַּחֲלוֹתָם לְבוּשִׁי שָׂק-- עִנֵּיתִי בַצּוֹם נַפְשִׁי;
וּתְפִלָּתִי, עַל-חֵיקִי תָשׁוּב. 13 But as for me, when they were sick, my clothing was sackcloth, I afflicted my soul with fasting; {N}
and my prayer, may it return into mine own bosom.

יד כְּרֵעַ-כְּאָח לִי, הִתְהַלָּכְתִּי; כַּאֲבֶל-אֵם, קֹדֵר שַׁחוֹתִי. 14 I went about as though it had been my friend or my brother; I bowed down mournful, as one that mourneth for his mother.

טו וּבְצַלְעִי, שָׂמְחוּ וְנֶאֱסָפוּ:
נֶאֶסְפוּ עָלַי נֵכִים, וְלֹא יָדַעְתִּי;
קָרְעוּ וְלֹא-דָמּוּ. 15 But when I halt they rejoice, and gather themselves together; {N}
the abjects gather themselves together against me, and those whom I know not; {N}
they tear me, and cease not;

טז בְּחַנְפֵי, לַעֲגֵי מָעוֹג-- חָרֹק עָלַי שִׁנֵּימוֹ. 16 With the profanest mockeries of backbiting they gnash at me with their teeth.

יז אֲדֹנָי, כַּמָּה תִּרְאֶה:
הָשִׁיבָה נַפְשִׁי, מִשֹּׁאֵיהֶם; מִכְּפִירִים, יְחִידָתִי. 17 Lord, how long wilt Thou look on? {N}
Rescue my soul from their destructions, mine only one from the lions.

יח אוֹדְךָ, בְּקָהָל רָב; בְּעַם עָצוּם אֲהַלְלֶךָּ. 18 I will give Thee thanks in the great congregation; I will praise Thee among a numerous people.

יט אַל-יִשְׂמְחוּ-לִי אֹיְבַי שֶׁקֶר; שֹׂנְאַי חִנָּם, יִקְרְצוּ-עָיִן. 19 Let not them that are wrongfully mine enemies rejoice over me; neither let them wink with the eye that hate me without a cause.

כ כִּי לֹא שָׁלוֹם, יְדַבֵּרוּ: וְעַל רִגְעֵי-אֶרֶץ--דִּבְרֵי מִרְמוֹת, יַחֲשֹׁבוּן. 20 For they speak not peace; but they devise deceitful matters against them that are quiet in the land.

כא וַיַּרְחִיבוּ עָלַי, פִּיהֶם: אָמְרוּ, הֶאָח הֶאָח; רָאֲתָה עֵינֵנוּ. 21 Yea, they open their mouth wide against me; they say: 'Aha, aha, our eye hath seen it.'

כב רָאִיתָה יְהוָה, אַל-תֶּחֱרַשׁ; אֲדֹנָי, אַל-תִּרְחַק מִמֶּנִּי. 22 Thou hast seen, O LORD; keep not silence; O Lord, be not far from me.

כג הָעִירָה וְהָקִיצָה, לְמִשְׁפָּטִי; אֱלֹהַי וַאדֹנָי לְרִיבִי. 23 Rouse Thee, and awake to my judgment, even unto my cause, my God and my Lord.

כד שָׁפְטֵנִי כְצִדְקְךָ, יְהוָה אֱלֹהָי; וְאַל-יִשְׂמְחוּ-לִי. 24 Judge me, O LORD my God, according to Thy righteousness; and let them not rejoice over me.

כה אַל-יֹאמְרוּ בְלִבָּם, הֶאָח נַפְשֵׁנוּ; אַל-יֹאמְרוּ, בִּלַּעֲנוּהוּ. 25 Let them not say in their heart: 'Aha, we have our desire'; let them not say: 'We have swallowed him up.'

כו יֵבֹשׁוּ וְיַחְפְּרוּ, יַחְדָּו-- שְׂמֵחֵי רָעָתִי:
יִלְבְּשׁוּ-בֹשֶׁת וּכְלִמָּה-- הַמַּגְדִּילִים עָלָי. 26 Let them be ashamed and abashed together that rejoice at my hurt; {N}
let them be clothed with shame and confusion that magnify themselves against me.

כז יָרֹנּוּ וְיִשְׂמְחוּ, חֲפֵצֵי צִדְקִי:
וְיֹאמְרוּ תָמִיד, יִגְדַּל יְהוָה; הֶחָפֵץ, שְׁלוֹם עַבְדּוֹ. 27 Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that delight in my righteousness; {N}
yea, let them say continually: 'Magnified be the LORD, who delighteth in the peace of His servant.'

כח וּלְשׁוֹנִי, תֶּהְגֶּה צִדְקֶךָ; כָּל-הַיּוֹם, תְּהִלָּתֶךָ. 28 And my tongue shall speak of Thy righteousness, and of Thy praise all the day. {P}

No comments:

Post a Comment