Sunday, October 2, 2011

Attempting to Bring Mashiach by Working on our Speech

H-shem Sefatay Tiftakh, Ufi Yagid Tehilatekha. H-shem, open my lips and my mouth tells your praise. Our mouths are holy vessels. Let's keep them clean and use them for holy words, kind words, encouraging words. H-shem has endowed some with a talent to use language to write and speak. Let's do so in an elevated fashion as befitting our status as the Chosen People, as well as people created in G-d's image. It's a new year, the Aseret Yemei Teshuva. What better time to start than now?

Today I had an idea after being hit with an idea that we need to work on this area that I want to do something to help myself and others strengthen ourselves in our speech. So with G-d's help, I will try over the next while to locate sources about this subject to feature here.

Thanks to my husband, RC, and "Ben Olam Haba" of the Halacha for Today emails for his encouragement to write this.

Shanah Tovah U'Metuka,
EAC (Aimee Ben-Ezra Cohen)

This section of the blog is in memory of and l'ilui Nishmat Saul Bruckner, a'h who gave importance to utilizing our power of speech positively. If anyone has other ideas to contribute to this tribute/effort, please let me know and please pass on to other E.R. Murrow alumni if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment