Thursday, October 6, 2011

Nivul Peh Causes Troubles to Increase

BE"H

This is the 4th installment in a series about improving our speech, l'ilui nishmat Saul Bruckner, a'h.

So here is the aforementioned passage as cited in Rav Pesach Eliyahu Falk's book, Oz veHadar Levusha, or Modesty - An Adornment for Life. He mentions the Gemara in Shabbos 33a, which he translates on page 202, #5, paragraph 1: "As a result of speaking nivul peh, troubles increase, harsh decrees are made, young people die, orphans and widows cry for help and are not answered."

In the following paragraph, Rav Falk explains that these punishments refer to a type of withdrawal of G-d's Hashgacha Pratit, or watchful eye, so to speak, from us. I hope Rav Falk doesn't mind my quoting and paraphrasing his book.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions and I can try to answer/clarify them as best as I can. If not I can attempt to refer you to an authority who can.

Thank you for reading,
Esther Asna

No comments:

Post a Comment