Sunday, October 2, 2011

Thoughts of teshuva, blogs and improving our speech

Dear Readers, if you are out there, whoever you are :)
Shavua tov and hatima tova,

I want to do something for the cause of cutting down on nivul peh. I was thinking of writing a blog post but not sure where I want it to go. There are beautiful Jewish neshamot that I know of, some with blogs of their own, and I feel sad when they have a writing or speaking talent and use inappropriate language to express themselves. I wish I knew what to say or how to say it. At one point I wanted to get people in on sponsoring a page in one of those Positive Word Power books but I didn't get any takers. It was in memory of a high school principal by the name of Saul Bruckner a'h (a secular Jew in a public HS) and one thing that stands out that I remember from him is that he was against foul language; saying that English has so many words for expressing onesself that why do we need to use the inappropriate ones, or something to that effect. Some things could be to find articles on the topic and post backlinks to them here and in other places, or get together people to sponsor something at Chofetz Chaim Heritage. But how can I raise awareness?
Any ideas?
Please let me know.

Thank you,
EA

No comments:

Post a Comment